The Infographic below is the first version, from before we had anything from Zimmerman apart from some leaks. This had the truck parked further from the bend, as Frank Taaffe related that Zimmerman had indicated that position to him.
Leaks had indicated that Zimmerman had actually gone to a house in Retreat View Circle to get a number (at which to met the incoming patrol).
Now, we have Zimmerman saying that:
- The call ended at the Retreat View Circle end of the path
- He did not get a house number, although that was the purpose of going there.
- He decided to go back to meet up at the truck - and told the Dispatcher that he was doing that.
- He started walking back as the call ended.
Actually could you have them, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?He did not intend to go back to the truck.
It will be 2 minutes and 30 seconds before the first 911 call connects.
It would take 20 seconds to walk to the T-junction, at most another 2 seconds to get to where he says the confrontation started.
- That's according to theory - based on an average human walking speed.
- That's according to practice - based on observing him doing that walk in the Walk-Through.
He would arrive at the confrontation start position 2 minutes and 8 seconds before the first 911 call connects.
The above is a single image. Click it for the original image file.